Monday, November 16, 2015

App Reviews

The students are working on persuasive writing.  The first assignment was to write app reviews.  Enjoy reading some of their reviews below.  There will be more to come.

Maddie                                     11/11/15
Math Soccer is an okay game.  It’s a good game for kids who love to do math and some extra learning.  I would give it 3 or 4 stars.  One reason it’s an okay game is that there is a one minute timer, and it goes at a good speed.  My second reason that the app is okay is that the game has great math problems, because they are hard and challenging facts.  One reason I dislike the game is the sound of the soccer ball going back and forth gets really annoying.  My second reason that I dislike the game is I personally think that it needs music or otherwise there is really no sound, beside the ball going back and forth. This game might be worth downloading for practicing math facts.  Those are a couple things I enjoy and dislike about Math Soccer.

9d28b2597cd07eded7d1f987ebcd9c0c.jpg
Hungry Fish is the worst game I have ever played. I wouldn’t recommend this app for anyone. I would give it zero stars. The first reason I don't like Hungry Fish is because  the music is very annoying.  The same music plays over and over again. Also the game freezes and glitches when you start the app. When you start playing hungry fish and you don’t tap any thing the game stops right away. When I tried this app it was so so simple it asked you what's 1+4 equaled. When you tap the right number the game stops. The most disturbing thing is when the dots hit the fish the app stops. The next reason is there's no score. I don’t like that because you can’t keep track of how you're doing. Also You have to buy new levels. The new levels are $2 each. It's more than the game. After that I tried to see if you can get new fish, NOPE you can’t it doesn’t let you. Those are some reasons I hate this game.


DON'T GET THIS GAME

       BOO HUNGRY FISH BOO
Written by Allison

Bingo Bugs
Bingo Bugs is a typical app.  I would rate it 2 out of 5 stars. The app has great music, but is has distracting sound effects. The app is not okay, because when I’m doing math there is no music. I love music when I do math. The app takes too long to load. It takes up to 5 minutes just to load! The games in the app are way too short.  Also,It is way too easy to get a bingo. I would have liked more of a challenge. I probably wouldn’t download this app if I were you.(Logan)
Great= Remarkable
Average=typical
Short= Swift

Sushi Monster is an okay game.  I would give it 3 stars. One reason I like it is the math is pretty fun. It is pretty fun because the math problems are in the middle of really hard and pretty easy. Another reason it is a pretty fun app is that the monsters look really cool. A reason that I don’t like Sushi Monster is the music gets really annoying. The same kind of music plays again and again. Another reason I don’t like the app is it gets boring. It gets boring  because you just figure out the math facts and serve the monsters sushi. The last reason I don’t like the app is that the math is really hard, especially multiplication. I’d recommend this game to people that like hard math.


sushi_monster_ss1.png
     

No comments:

Post a Comment