Monday, March 7, 2016

Creative Endings

Some of the students finished their endings to the story they were given by me today.  The part that they were given is in black print.  The endings they created are written in a different color.  I will try to post more stories as they finish them.

It was right after lunchtime and Dad was so busy chasing down baby that he made a mistake. One that Mom would never make. He told both of us, "If you eat any more chocolate, you'll turn into chocolate." Not bright, Dad. Mom would have simply taken the chocolate away.
My little brother didn't realize what Dad meant was no more chocolate. But what can you expect from a five-year old? When you get to my age, you can tell better what parents mean when they say confusing things,  but five-year old boys hear only what they want to hear. Or so Mom says.
So my little brother did just what Dad didn't want him to. He took another chocolate bar, a big one, from the snack bin, opened it and took a huge bite. I figured he'd get into trouble, but I never figured he'd turn into chocolate.
Which is what he did. I know it was chocolate, because I took a little bite from his ear. Just to make sure.1
"Dad?!" I hollered. "Dad?"
Dad yelled back, from somewhere upstairs, "I'm changing baby, can you please deal with whatever it is yourself?"
He was always having me deal with stuff myself, since I was the oldest. Like cleaning up spills. Or making sure my little brother has both his shoes and socks on. Or making Ritz peanut butter and jelly cracker sandwiches for lunch and pouring glasses of milk. But I had never had to deal with a chocolate little brother before.
I looked at my brother. He was completely chocolate, even his clothes. And he wasn't moving. He had this huge smile on his face and a half-eaten chocolate bar in one of his hands. I wondered if he was really made out of chocolate.
I sort of knocked on him gently, to see if he was hollow inside like those cheap Easter Bunnies. He wasn't. He was solid chocolate. If he were an Easter bunny, he'd be the biggest one we had ever gotten.
I wondered how he tasted. That's when I had the little nibble I mentioned earlier. From his ear. Just a tiny bite. He tasted just like chocolate. Good chocolate. If I hadn't had tons of chocolate already, I would probably have eaten more. But I did snap off some of his  shirtsleeve and put it in the refrigerator, to save some for later, and to make sure it didn't melt.
Melt! My little brother is going to melt! I knew I had to do something fast, but what?
I ran to the bottom of the stairs and called up, "Dad?!"
He said back, sort of tired sounding and testy, "Can't you please take care of it yourself?" He was obviously having some trouble with baby. Maybe she ran off without a diaper or wouldn't let him put on her shirt. She does that.
Well, if I had to handle this by myself, I would. Here's what I did…   
First I went to see what my dad was doing. He was chasing baby around.
I said “DAD I CAN’T HANDLE THIS BY MYSELF !!!! ”  
“ Sorry can’t ,chasing baby” said dad :[  
“Fine” I said.
When I got downstairs I saw that my brother or chocolate brother was MELTING! I hurried to get a blanket. I covered him up with the blanket.  Then I notest that his head was melted I licked up all the melted chocolate. It was good.  I threw all the stuff in the fridge out so I could put him in it so he didn’t melt. I thought that mom would kill me if she saw him. I was sooooooooo worried.
When Mom got home it was surprising, because she blamed dad for it.
“Phew” I said.    
“What sweetie?”mom asked.   
“Oh me, nothing” I said.
  “I heard something from you” said mom.
 “Fine. I said phew”  
“Why?” asked mom
“MY LITTLE BROTHER ATE MORE CHOCOLATE AND HE TURNED INTO CHOCOLATE AND DAD WANTED ME TO HANDLE IT BY MYSELF .   He's in the fridge” I said.      
“How could he do that to you?” said mom .
It was just a big mistake by dad.  He didn’t remember what he had said.  He looked in the fridge and saw my brother. He put him on the table and ATE HIM.  
“Mom” I said.  “Look.”  
“Really. Now we have 2 chocolate family members” said mom.    
The next morning dad had melted.   I had tried to pinch myself, but  I did not wake up. I knew it wasn’t a dream.
Well it ended up that if you eat too much chocolate you will turn into chocolate
Written by Danica
 πŸ˜’    πŸ˜…    πŸ˜’   πŸ˜…   πŸ˜’   πŸ˜…   πŸ˜’   πŸ˜…

First of all, I put a lot of ice packs on him so he wouldn’t melt as fast.  Then I brought him to the basement.  I set a timer that would go off in 24 hours. In 24 hours my brother would start to melt. Next I looked up how to deal with a chocolate brother on Google.  Nothing came up.
I mumbled “No.”  
Then I looked at some fairy tales.  After around 10 hours of searching I found one story that said something about chocolate.  It said a boy once turned into chocolate and then he started to melt.  Then a fairy came along and turned him back.  
I said “Worst story ever and that didn’t help.”  
I called 911.  Unfortunately they were to busy to help.  
“Uhg” I said in frustration.  
I looked at the time “OH NO!”  I yelled. “There are only 5 hours left.”
 I went to cheek on my brother.  *Gasp*
“My brother is melting! “Noooo,” I screamed.  The ice packs must have stop working!  This is very Very VERY BAD.”  

It was too late to do anything.  After about 5 hours he melted fully. Now he was just a chocolate puddle.  Then he magically turned back to normal.  I was so happy, but my brother was confused.  I told him everything. He was very surprised.  But for some strange reason whenever he eats that type of chocolate he turns back into a chocolaty form. 
written by Joey
Well, if I had to handle this by myself, I would. Here's what I did I remembered that there is a hardware store several blocks away that gives out free coolers. I got my bike out of the Garage. I remembered that my dad said I can’t go out at night because it is dangerous. Ok I know my dad said my brother would turn into chocolate and he did, but think realistic how could it be any different than day time. But when I got outside I started riding. All of a sudden a dragon ridden by a man in a scary mask flew by me. I was so frightened, but my brothers life was at stake. When I got to the corner I looked at the small cute house where my school's science teacher lived. I thought he could help so instead of going to the hardware store I stopped and walked up the driveway. I knocked on the door.
He said, “Come in.”
When I got inside his house I looked around.  He was nowhere to be seen.
When I called his name “Doctor Bill I heard a response.
He said,  “My name is not Dr.Bill.  It's Mr.Fredericks!!!!!”
Then I heard scuffling and glass breaking. All of a sudden something pounced on top of me.
I started yelling  “HELP,HELP”
I started to feel something jerking the thing on top of me. All of a sudden it went flying to the wall. I stood up to see what had thrown it off of me. I saw who it was….. I saw it it was a small dragon. It walked up to me. I was so scared.
All of a-sudden the dragon said, “Wow, what was that guy doing?”
I said, “I don’t know.”
He said, “I heard about your brother. I know how to help”
“Good” I said
He walked outside.
He said, “Hop on my back”
I said, “No Way.”
He said, “Ok sorry about your brother.”
I said, “Wait I can maybe do it”
I hopped on his back. He took off……… He was bringing me to the hardware store. When we got there it said, Closed.
The dragon said, “No problem.”
He burned down the door. We walked in we grabbed the biggest cooler. Since he was so small we had to push it back to the house. When we got inside my house we put my brother in the cooler………… He did not turn back to normal. Then I asked the dragon to help. He dropped one of his scales in the cooler. We closed it. All of a sudden it opened up and my brother came out. He was so happy to be free.
My dad came up a half and hour later and said good thing he did not eat any more chocolate !!!!!!!!! written by Brayden
Image result for chocolate kid



No comments:

Post a Comment