Monday, March 7, 2016

Connections

The students have been working on a reading test over the past two days. This test asked them to complete three tasks. They were asked to select one person they read about during our biography unit. Then they had to compare and contrast themselves with this person. After completing this task they had to write a summary of this well-known person's life. Finally, they had to write a paragraph explaining how they are similar to this particular person. Below are paragraphs students wrote for the last task mentioned above.

Amelia and I are similar in lots of ways. The first way we are similar is that we are creative. Amelia liked to make roller coasters out of roller skates and fence rails. I like to create different colorful pictures out of different markers and crayons. Also I like to find nature out in my backyard and turn It into very cool artwork. The next way we are the same is that we like to play sports. I love to play hockey, kickball, basketball, football, baseball, soccer and other fun sports. One sport I love is hockey. There are a lot of boys that play this sport and not a lot of girls. I like to make all the boys fall and get mad at me. Amelia liked to play football outside in her backyard with boys. She tackled, and got the ball a lot. Also we are daring. Amelia is daring, because she flew across the Atlantic ocean by herself. She made it and was very happy to have succeeded. I am daring because I was the first person in my family and the only one to go down a straight slide at Noah's Ark. The slide is named, The Point of No Return. My stomach felt like it was dropping and my back hurt badly, but I did it. The last important thing is that Amelia and I like to travel to places. Amelia flew all around the world in a plane.  Also she moved to different places. Amelia sure likes to discover things. Last year I went to Cozumel, Mexico. It was so fun to see all different cool animals like iguanas, snakes, dolphins, manatees, squid and a lot of colorful fish. That is how Amelia and I are the same. Written by Allison



William Shakespeare and I are similar in many different ways. One way we are the same is we are both very creative. Some things we are creative at are writing and drawing. Another thing that we are the same at is we both are the oldest siblings in our families. Another is we are both good at many different things. We are both good at: reading, writing, being creative, being kind and many other things. One way we are both kind is William wrote plays for everyone in his audiences and I share with other people and help my mom and dad sometimes. Those are some ways William Shakespeare and I are similar. Written by Zack




Cleopatra and I are alike in a few ways. One way we are alike is we are both working hard or have worked hard to achieve our dreams. My dream is to become a marine biologist.  Cleopatra’s dream was to become a very famous queen. Another way we are alike is we both respect our religions. Cleopatra respects her Egyptian religion and I respect my Islam religion.The third way we are alike is we are daring.  She is daring by fighting a war.  I am daring by doing flips and going into water that is 12 feet deep. Another way we are alike is we are confident. I am confident by trying my best on tests. Cleopatra was confident about starting wars. Another way we are alike is we both are adventurous.  Cleopatra was adventurous by participating in war.  I am adventurous by climbing very high trees.The last way we are alike is we both love Egypt. Cleopatra loved the religion. I love the camels.Those are the ways we are alike.
Written by Tifa



I think Galileo and I are have a lot of similarities.  One way we are similar is that we both are curious.  One time he was curious was when he wondered what would fall first, a heavy object or a light object.  A time I was curious was when I  wondered how electronics work.  I also think we are both smart.  Galileo was smart when he found out how to make telescopes.  One time I was smart was when I found out what the human body was made of.  Another way we are similar is that we are confident.  One time he was confident was when he made a book called Starry Messengers.  One time I was confident was when Allie and I wrote a passage on the brain.  Those are some ways Galileo and I were similar.  
written by Joey




I’m a kind of like Martin. Martin was a good student and I am a good student too.  Martin wants peace for the whole world and I like peace so we don't have war and peace gives you hope.  Martin likes to sing and I do like to sing in my home.  Martin like’s sports. I like to play football. Martin  was a good man  and when I grow up I will be like him.  
Written by Caulden



How I am Like Sarah Edmonds!
I am like Sarah Edmonds the most out of all the people I read about. One reason I am alike her is that we are both kind.  She is kind, because she helped injured people in the war! I am kind, because when one of my friends gets hurt I would help them!  Sarah Edmonds and I are alike, because we are both brave!  She is brave, because she went in the war.  I am brave, because I would do some risky things like, climb really high trees, go in the forest, and go in tiny caves!  I am like Sarah, because we are both clever!  She was clever, because she dressed up as a man to enter the war.  I am clever, because I do many funny tricks.  One time I did a cool prank on my mom.  On April Fool's day I drew a mustache on her face, and she had to go to work like that!   Sarah Edmonds and I are both persistent.  She is persistent, because she kept on trying to get into the army until she did!  I am persistent, because when I do bowling league every Friday I sometimes don’t do so well, but I don’t give up!  I keep on trying and I eventually do much better!   We are alike, because we are both very smart!   She was smart by not marrying the man she was forced to!  I am smart, because when my friends try to trick me it does not work out very well.  In second grade me and my friend Josh were on his trampoline with plastic swords.  He tried to throw it at me and I dodged and threw it back at him!  This is how Sarah Edmonds and I are similar!
Written by Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment