Friday, October 16, 2015

Where would you rather live?

This week the students compared and contrasted their community with an ocean town.  The ocean town community was from a book that we read during the week.  Below are some paragraphs that students wrote to explain their thinking.  This activity gave them good practice on writing a solid paragraph.

Maddie                                                Time Order Words   Conjunctions

I would rather live in the ocean community.  One reason I would want to live there is I would want to go surfing.  Another reason is I would go  swimming. Later on I would look for rainbow colored fish and other sea creatures.  After that I would want to play in the sand for a while.  I would build castles and burry my feet.  That is a couple reasons that I would want to live in the ocean community.


Danica 10-14-15

I would rather live in Sheboygan.  One reason is that Sheboygan has more things to do than a smaller community does.  In a smaller community Blue Harbor is not  near.  Plus Blue Harbor is a place where  you can swim away and go on water slides. My third reason is that I don’t like sharks or crabs because they bite and pinch.    My fourth reason is that I LOVE  Cooper Fenimore Elementary School.  My fifth reason is then I won’t live by my grandma.  I think Sheboygan is awesome.



Allie 10-14-15

I would rather live in Sheboygan instead of the book community.  One reason is because of the snowy winters. I like to build snowmen and have snow ball fights.
Another reason is because I have wonderful friends like Sam, Maddie, Tifa, Allison, and Mateo.   A third reason is because of Lake Michigan with how big it is.  On a hot day I like to go to Lake Michigan and have the water splash on my legs. Even another reason is because it’s a big and fun city.  My last reason is there no place like home.  Those are some of the reasons why I would rather live in my home in Sheboygan.  

I would rather live in  their community. One reason is I would want to snorkel in the beautiful ocean and see colorful fish. The second reason is I would want to see all different animals like dolphins, sharks, fish, sea turtles and horseshoe crabs.The third reason is I would go surfing and do tricks on a surfboard.The fourth reason is I would listen to the waves crashing to the sand. Another reason is I’d like riding on a horse carriage because there's no top on the carriage and the driver has a whip so I can watch him hit the horse. The last reason is I’d like sitting at the beach making sand castles.  Those are some reasons I would want to live in their community.
written by: Allison


I would rather live in Sheboygan. One reason why I would rather live in Sheboygan is that it’s nice to have lots of houses by me, so I can meet more people! Another reason why I would rather live in Sheboygan is that I like having lakes not oceans.  Lakes are better than oceans, because if we had oceans we wouldn’t have much land we would have mostly water! I would rather live in Sheboygan, because Sheboygan has Blue Harbor and the book community doesn’t. My last reason why I would rather live in Sheboygan is that I would miss the public library. That is why I would rather live in Sheboygan, you should too!

      Written by: Logan

               By: Joel

Reasons I would rather live in Sheboygan.     The first reason is that there are more people, so I’ll have more company.  Another reason is I like the noise of the cars, because it sounds amazing.  I would rather live in Sheboygan, because there are more stores and restaurants so I’ll have more choices to choose from.  The last reason is, because there are parks near by.  Those are some reasons I like Sheboygan.

1 comment: