Monday, May 2, 2016

The Lightning Thief

Our class went to a play at the Stephanie Weil Center this morning.  The play was called, "The Lightning Thief."  Below are some of the students reviews of this play.  It was an interesting play.


I think the play was amazing. I would make this play 5 out of 5 stars.   One reason the play was amazing is all of the actors worked really hard on the play. Another reason is that they did not mess up.   The third reason is I loved how the magic sea shell was actually a portal.  Another thing is that the underworld is under Las Vegas.  This is where an evil god lived  and it also said that if you sleep in a hotel one night turns into 100 years.  The Lightning Thief was the best play-musical.  I do recommend that you go to this play. Written by Danica

The Lightning Thief was an ok play. My first bad thing about the play was the part where they almost kissed eww! The next bad thing about the play is the play was kind of hard to understand, because they were jumping around and doing so many things at once. The third bad thing is there were sad parts. For example it was sad when the teenage girl was dying.  A few good things about the play were there were a lot of bad guys for example Medusa, Cyclops, Bull and the guy from camp half-blood. One more good thing about the play is their actors and characters were great for example in parts they used good expression.  Those are the things that I hate and liked about the play. written by Ambrosia


The Lightning Thief.
The Lightning thief play was an okay play. I would give it 3 out of 5 stars. One good thing about Lightning Thief is that it had the gods in the play.  Another good thing about the Lightning Thief is that it had funny parts, like when Percy’s mom and Percy were talking and all of a sudden we saw a sheep’s butt shaking. It was Percy’s friend wearing a sheep costume. These are the thing I didn’t like. First there was to much singing. Another bad thing was that it was confusing in the beginning, but in the middle and end it got interesting. I think you should not go to the play, but if you love songs you may want to see it. written by Austin
latest

The book

The Lightning Thief was a good play.  One reason I like it is that it had a big plot jump at the beginning.  Percy (the main character) had a field trip.  Then he went away from his group. Next he got expelled from his school because he went away from his group. Last he got sent to a half-blood camp. A half-blood is half person half god.  Another reason I liked the play is that it is fun to watch and there is something for everyone to enjoy. There was singing, fighting and adventure.  Overall I think it is a good play and you should try to see it.   Written by Joey

I didn’t really like the play the “ Lightning Thief ”. The first reason I didn’t really like this play is because I didn’t really get what the whole play was about. Also it kept going back and forth. I didn’t get the play. The next reason is there was a lot of singing in this play.  There was  a little too much singing for me. I didn’t really like this because there was more singing than talking. It sounded like opera singing. Also it was not kid appropriate, because the people used bad words. The next reason I didn’t like this play is because the kid’s mom goes under the ground to a bad god who ruled the underground. I did not know at the end of the play how she came back up to the surface. She just came out walking and singing. Also there were too many scenes. Those are some ways I disliked this play. Don’t waste your money on the “Lightning Thief.” Written by Allison





No comments:

Post a Comment