Friday, January 22, 2016

Weekend Assignment

Last weekend the students were asked to write a review on a game, place in Sheboygan, etc.  They did a nice job for their first homework writing assignment.  Yesterday they met in small groups and talked about their writing.  They shared some of their favorite paragraphs and why they were able to explain why they were chosen.  Below are three examples of paragraphs written by students last weekend.  If the students have technology at home that allows them to access their google accounts they are more than welcome to complete their homework online and send it to me directly.

I have a video game called “Pokepark 2 Wonders Beyond”. It is the best video game EVER! My first reason why I love this is that it never ends! When the second half of the story is over you also have places to explore! Another reason why I would definitely recommend this to my friends is that it has a great story! It starts out like you are new to pokepark and at the end you have almost befriended everyone there! I think that is amazing! My third reason why this game is the best is that the characters are amazing! There is Oshawott,Snivy, Tepig, and your character Pikachu. Oshawott is the detective who wants to solve the mystery of Wish Park. Snivy is the adventurous princess who doesn't want to be a princess. Tepig is the brave one who always wants to battle or do something crazy! My next reason why this game is my favorite is that the enemies never stay enemies. When you think you’ve beaten the game and beaten the boss you realize then you have to save him! My fifth reason is that the bosses they always have a fun minigame before you fight them! My sixth reason is that you can become so OP ( overpowered). You have to get a lot of berries to train though. My final reason why this game is the BEST! Is that you can do other things with other pokemon like play hide-and-seek or play chase instead of fighting them! That is why I think this game ROCKS! By: Logan

I think the Sheboygan Humane Society is an ok place. The first reason I LIKE it is there are free toys and outfits for dogs in need. The second reason is it is funny when the workers bring a dog into their work space. The dog peeks up at the front desk when you sign in. The next reason is the dogs have a lot of room to play outside and run around. The fourth reason I LIKE it is because they take care of animals that are stays and don’t have a home. The next reason I DON'T like it is the dogs don’t have much room in the cages. The sixth reason is I think it is so loud and you can hardly hear people talk. The last reason is you have to be 16 to volunteer and give the dogs walks. I don’t like that because the younger kids like me can’t help the animals only look at them. Those are some reasons the Sheboygan Humane Society is an ok place.
Written by ALLISON

AP_romanian_stray_dogs_jef_130913_16x9_992.jpg  

Snap-Circuit sets are a great educational toy.  Snap-circuits basically teach how electrical circuits work.   One reason it is a great toy is that you can’t overload the battery so that you won’t break the components by overloading them.  Another reason is it that it’s very easy to use.  In some sets (not all) there are lot of pieces so you can make many different circuit.  If you get stuck and don’t know what to do there is a instruction manual with circuits to build.  Some sets are smaller than others so if you are a beginner, in the middle, or more advanced there is something for you.  In some sets there are parts that don’t need electricity like in the student set there is a small plane.  Last there is a box that has a place for everything so it’s easier to organize.  That is why snap-circuits are an excellent learning toy.  
Jan 18, 2016 3:07:58 PM.jpg
This is everything in the circuit maker set.
Jan 18, 2016 3:12:25 PM.jpg
This is a simple circuit when I turn it on the fan will rotate.
written by Joey

Hi.  I will be telling you about how AWESOME my Fire Tv is. My first reason is that I can play a trick on my mom and dad. If they are watching a tv show on the Fire Tv, I can pause the show on my kindle in a different room.  My second reason is when I play  games. It shows on the tv and it’s  soooooooo AWESOME! My third reason is I can listen to music. I can listen on my headphones. And that is why I like the Fire Tv so much
Sincerely,
Sam the Man FTW

No comments:

Post a Comment