Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Movie Critics

This past weekend the students did a nice job writing about their favorite movie or television show.  We talked about giving good effort on this writing assignment, so they can continue to improve as writers.  As a class we discussed how a reader can find out quite quickly whether the writer gave their best effort on their assignment or not  The students agreed that we should use the word reason less in our writing too.  Overall I'm quite pleased with their writing.  A copy of Allison's homework assignment is shown below.  If your child is able to use his or her Google Account at home, feel free to allow them to do this.  It makes it easier for me to put their writing on the blog.

I think Masterchef Jr. is the best tv show ever. The first great thing is kids cook in a competition. I think this is cool because it will make other kids want to cook. For example my sister and I like to make cookies and torts now. The next reason is the kids sometimes go to different places. One time they went to a farm and at a different time they went to an amusement park. I found this show to be funny when the kids got to throw a pie in the three judges’ faces. The next interesting thing is when they went to a birthday party they split up into two teams. The kids had to make a meal the guests would like. I liked that because they had to work together as a team. The fifth awesome thing is at the end of the cooking season the last episode is so intense. There are two kids who make their own meal to impress the judges. One of these kids will win $100,000.  The last reason I like Masterchef Jr.  is sometimes their parents come to cheer them on. I think that is cool because it motivates the kids to keep their heads in each challenge as they go on. Those are some reasons Masterchef Junior is the best show ever.

fox_MasterChefJunior_YNG401_hulu.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment