Monday, February 29, 2016

Toddler Years

Two weekends ago the students worked on writing paragraphs about themselves as babies or toddlers.  The students loved listening to each other stories.  They also enjoyed telling their stories to their classmates.  This upcoming weekend the students will be given another writing assignment.  They will be writing about an adult they know.  We will be writing questions they can ask this person later this week.  Below are four stories that students shared with their classmates last weekend.  Again, I chose these stories because they were sent to me via Google Docs.  They makes it a lot easier for me to post them.

There are so many fun moments that I had when I was a toddler. One place I remember going to was South Dakota. At Custer State Park we went to see wild donkeys. I loved watching donkeys peek their heads into people's cars looking for food. They were so friendly I could pet them. Also at the same park we saw a huge herd of buffalo. We walked out to the field to look at them, but they got to close to us, so we went in the van. Over the next thirty minutes we watched them cross the road. They surrounded our van. I had a great time watching animals like bears, wild horses, prarie dogs,buffalo and wild donkeys in South Dakota.Feb 21, 2016 6:53:13 PM.jpg

When I was a toddler my brother, sister and I loved to ride our green, John Deere, battery powered gator around our house. My brother liked to drive me around the yard. I would usually go in the back of the gator. One time on my brother’s birthday we rented a slushy machine.  I brought my slushy with me on the gator. My brother drove me around our yard for awhile.  The back of the gator came loose and I tumbled out and my slushy fell all over me. After that I learned how to drive on my own. Being a toddler was full of amazing adventures. Written by Allison

Feb 21, 2016 6:52:17 PM.jpg

      

About ME, Logan

Hello, I am Logan . I was born on September 5th, 2006. At 5:32. I was born at Sheboygan Memorial Hospital. Here is Me when I was just born.
When I was born I went with my Nana and Papa for a while. My Papa helped at the weight room, so I went to! I guess I had to work out too! The only thing we had was tinkertoys!
My first Halloween was really fun, but I don’t really remember it. I had a really funny costume! I was a pumpkin.
I also loved to go in fire trucks with my Papa, because he was a firefighter! I have been around fire trucks my whole life! Ever since I was born I have been going in fire trucks!



My first hair cut was not the funnest thing, according to my face.
The person doing my hair is my godmother!
My mom said I was a very calm baby that did not cry alot, I am so surprised.
My second Halloween I handed out candy and then I went trick or treating I was a dragon!  Now for all the places I have lived in! Well, in kindergarten I was with my Nana and Papa! Next, I went to grant for half of first grade with my mom. For the other half I went 4 hours away to Fall Creek. I lived with my aunt with my mom. Then my aunt moved into the country and we went with her. That means for second grade I went to Putnam heights. After second grade I came back to Sheboygan and we moved to our own house! Then I came to Cooper! I visit my Nana and Papa on the weekends. I’m there right now!
My first time to go to the Milwaukee zoo was when I was almost one!
                                             Me (Hiding).                               Papa
         Mom.                                                                            Nana

Like I said before I lived in Eau Claire with my Aunt and Mom. We had two dogs Molly and Sadie! Sadie was a red nosed pit bull and Molly was a Pug.

That is my biography,By:Logan  
I was born at 5:35. I was born in Sheboygan Memorial. For one year I lived with my Nana and Papa. I loved to go in firetrucks when my Papa went to inspect them or in parades. My mom’s name is Melissa. She said I was a calm and chill baby! I have been to many schools! First I went to Kindergarten in Elkhart Lake. Then I went with my mom for half of first grade then the other half we moved four hours away to fall creek and I went there for the other half of the school year. We lived with my Aunt then she moved into the country and we come to! Then I went to Putnam Heights for second grade! Me and my mom got a house for ourselves, but I still went to the same school! Then we moved back to Sheboygan with my mom’s friend shane! Now I visit  my Nana and Papa on the weekends!
I always wondered why I talked so much. I do that, because I started talking at the age of 11 months! My mom and Nana say, “You talked at a young age and never stopped!” I think it is really true.
My Papa helps with the weight room, he did when I was a couple months! The older football players call me perry, here is why. There is another coach (Other than my Papa) his name is Berry!  Like I said before I talk a lot, so I had food in my mouth and I tried to say “Hi Berry”, but it sounded like I said, “I’m Perry”. Berry told all the football players to call me Perry and they still do to this day!
Another thing thing that I did in the weight room was work out! Well, kind of.  My Papa gave me some tinker toys and I lifted them like weights!
Feb 20, 2016 12:48:15 PM.jpg
On my first halloween I was a Pumpkin. I just got the joke when my Nana calls me “My little pumpkin.” Get it? Okay back to halloween, here is my costume!
Feb 20, 2016 12:52:44 PM.jpg
On my second halloween I handed out candy and I wanted to go Trick-or-Treating! That as my first time going Trick-or-Treat!
Well, now you know more about me! Thanks for reading!

First Word  
Written by Joey

This is going to be about my first word.  I was 6 months old.  My first word was “pear”.  Why was it pear you might ask? It was “pear” because I liked pears.  I said pear because mom went to get some pear with me When she open the cabinet and I saw the pear I yelled “pear!”  I was very happy to know I was getting pears.  Mom was very surprised to say “pear”.  That was what happened when I was 6 months old.

                                                 
     Feb 21, 2016 11:29:23 AM.jpg
These are my favorite pears. This is me when I was about 6 months old.

The story below was written by Brayden.
This is a story about when I was a toddler and I needed stitches. It all started when I was at my babysitter's house. Her 6 ½ year old son and I were playing tag. We ran in the living room, and I tripped on the rug and my forehead hit  the corner of the coffee table and split open!!!! That's when the crying rampage began.
My babysitter called my mom to come. She came racing over to check on me. When she got there I was sitting on my babysitters lap. She had ice on my forehead and a towel to soak up the blood. My mom came over to me and checked out my forehead. She thought it needed stitches so we hopped in the car and went racing to the hospital.
On the way there my mom was telling me what would happen to make me not as scared. When we arrived at the emergency room, a kind nurse came to assist us. She brought us to a big room. She told us that a doctor was coming in soon.
When the doctor arrived he put a cloth over my face to keep the germs out. Even though I was very scared, I stayed very still listening and holding my mom's hand. The doctor commented how well I was doing many times. When the stitching began he started laughing because I was trying to persuade him to stop by saying,
“doctor you're done now” and
“it's better now” and
“you can stop now.”
After a while it got pretty annoying so he stopped laughing. It took about a half an hour to do all the stitching, but to me it felt like hours. When he was done he said WOW this is the first time I have done stitches on a kid that hasn't screamed the whole time.
When we started to drive home me and my mom were talking about how well I did and how nice it felt. That is the story how I got stitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment